Sunday 26 July 2015

All That Glitters Is Not Gold... But It Sure Is Pretty!



So as the title may suggest, this is a post about glitter! 

I have two different companies I'm going to talk about Eye Kandy Cosmetics & Glitter Express




Eye Kandy Cosmetics

So I got my Eye Kandy delivery just before Christmas and I was the happiest! I got the Kandy Bag with two sprinkle pods (so that's Eye Kandy's Liquid Sugar and 2 tubes of glitter) and two other glitters.




























In the bag came two glitters, Liquid Sugar and a brush for making liner out of glitter (they also threw in a little candy cane, nice touch!)

The colours I got were;
Sour Grape - a lovely bright yet deep purple 
Candy Coin (which they sent me free, so lovely) - a stunning gold, it's a very luxurious gold, and pictures just don't do it ANY justice whatsoever! 
Mad Mellon - a lime green, which when put over Sugarpill's Acidberry is just SO GOOD!
Raspberry Blast - a winey red with a hint of black through
Sour Berry - a really lovely kelly green

The glitter itself is so fine and lovely to use, it's super pigmented and super glittery and shiney. 


Liquid Sugar... I don't even know where to start with this amazing invention, really and truly. I've tried this and glitter glues, and Liquid Sugar wins every time. Glitter glues leave your eyes feeling quite sticky I find, whereas Liquid Sugar makes the glitter so it doesn't budge at all. It at first feels like you're putting water on your eyes then whey you put the glitter on top and it dries, it doesn't feel hard or anything but seals everything in place and it doesn't crack or let glitter fall down onto your cheeks! 


If you're a glitter lover, I would 100000000000000% recommend you get this stuff for sticking it down! 



Glitter Express


So what feels like it was a million years ago, I went to the Beauty Show in the RDS with the lovely Grace  and like magpies to shiny things, we were attracted to the Glitter Express booth. I went slightly wild and just wanted EVERYTHING, and I did get quite a lot of colours (treat yo' self and all that). The girls at the booth were so helpful and lovely too, which made it nicer to buy from them!

I don't know the names of the glitters (or if they even have any, but sure)

















This gorgeous light blue is one of my favourites I got, it's really versatile. I love adding it over Melt Cosmetics Fixated!



I love this fluro green, I've yet to try it but the colour is sooo lovely I can't wait to try it!



I love this really rich red, it kind of reminds me of Christmas, it will be nice with a bit of gold for a Christmassy look! 






































This is really different and I was attracted to it instantly, so much so that I ordered 2 huge bags of it off their website (oops) but it's so unusual but nice! 








This is a really lovely purple, I love to put it over Sugarpills Dollipop it really pops! 


I think if you love glitter, check out Glitter Express, they have a gorgeous selection of colours and the price is so reasonable I'll be getting my glitter from Glitter Express from now on!



Any questions? Comment below! 


Peace, Hayley xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Ah I love this, glitter is my favourite! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete